News Flash


Posted on: April 22, 2022

Food truck licensing

people buying food from a food truck

Do You Want to Operate a Food Truck in the City of Lakeville?

Then you need to get inspected and get a license from us if your food truck will operate anywhere in the City.

Any food truck selling food in Lakeville must be licensed and inspected by the Lakeville Fire Department, whether it is on private, public or park property.

The requirements are:

  1. Written consent of the property owner from which the mobile food unit sale will be conducted or permission from City of Lakeville Parks & Recreation Department if in a park location.
  2. Insurance Acord/COI listing City of Lakeville as Certificate Holder that verifies the applicant is insured against claims arising out of all operations of such applicant for the sum of at least $1,000,000 against liability for bodily injuries and for at least $1,000,000 against liability for damage or destruction of property.
  3. State of Minnesota license (copy) required to operate a mobile food unit. 
  4. Site plan showing the exact location of the mobile food unit (e.g., Google Maps).
  5. Payment in the amount of $50 by credit card, check or cash.
  6. Inspection with a Lakeville Fire Official. Inspections must be done during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.) prior to operation of the mobile food unit. Call 952-985-4700 to schedule.
  7. This is an annual license that needs to be renewed and the truck inspected each calendar year.

Download our mobile food unit license application (PDF).

Facebook Twitter Email